One of the most significant and heavenly Hindu religious celebrations is Ganesha Chaturthi. The followers' dedication and magnificence are evident throughout the festivity. Lord Ganesha is known for eliminating stumbling blocks and clearing the way for his worshippers to advance in life. Lord Ganesha, signifies knowledge and intellect. He helps individuals differentiate their intelligence in order to attain excellence, have an open mind, and think properly.
The goal of utilising an eco-friendly Ganesha is to decrease the pollution that PoP Ganesha idols generate in the environment.
People have realised the importance of eco-friendly Ganesha and do not favour Ganesha idols made of artificially coloured Plaster of Paris. Eco-friendly Ganesha idols, unlike PoP Ganesha idols, are created from naturally accessible materials such as clay, husk, leaves, paper, or any other biodegradable substance.
PoP Ganesha idols take a long time to disintegrate in water and hence contaminate it. PoP raises the acidity of water, causing harm to humans and animals, because it takes longer for PoP Ganesha idols to disintegrate than eco-friendly Ganesha idols. Ganesha idols that are environmentally friendly are constructed from readily accessible biodegradable materials that dissolve quickly in water and do not pollute the environment.
Because of the growing demand for eco friendly Ganesha idols, several producers and dealers have begun to sell them. These idols aid in the preservation of nature, the reduction of water pollution, and the preservation of aquatic life. The idols may now be found in local shops and on the internet.
Magnesium, phosphorus, gypsum, and sulphur are all included in Ganesha statues constructed of PoP. Cadmium, lead, mercury, carbon, arsenic, and other metals are included in the pigment used to adorn the statues. When these chemicals are submerged in ponds, lakes, oceans, and other water sources, they pollute the water and are toxic enough to kill fish and other aquatic species.
The glitters and imitation diamonds used to decorate Ganesha's idol are composed of hazardous materials. When humans come into contact with artificial glitters or imitation diamonds, they can develop allergies, rashes, and in some circumstances, harm to the lungs and eyes. Ganesha idols made of natural components, on the other hand, are devoid of glitter and false jewels. Ganesha statues made of eco-friendly materials are embellished.
You may protect yourself from the negative effects of chemicals while also saving water by worshipping ecologically friendly Ganesha statues from My Pooja Box. Once you have grasped the significance of eco-friendly Ganesha idols, tell your friends and family about them. Let the country's largest event be celebrated in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Here’s how you can celebrate Ganesh Chathurthi the eco friendly way;
● Bring home eco friendly ganesha idols. In the current situation it might be difficult to step out and find the clay or biodegradable ganesha idol. Do not worry, you can easily shop from My Pooja Box and the idols will be delivered safely to your doorstep.
● Turn on the decorative lights for evening aarti and as needed. Energy conservation is also an important step toward environmental protection
● Avoid using loudspeakers to play music, this reduces noise pollution
● Instead of non biodegradable diyas made from plastic, and metal diyas, light clay diyas. Clay diyas are biodegradable and do not cause any harm to the environment. These burn along with the wick completely, and leave no harmful residues.
● Because plastic bags harm the environment, they are discouraged. Cloth and jute bags should be preferred for carrying the offerings
● Use cloth or little paper bags fashioned from old newspapers and decorated with dried flowers or beautiful ribbons to deliver prasad. Instead of thermocol plates, biodegradable plates should be utilised.
This Ganesh Chaturthi, welcome Ganesh the Green Way! Bring Ganesha figurines that are good to the environment home with you. These beautiful Ganesha idols are ideal for celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi in a chemical-free and ecologically responsible manner. Be aware of your actions and take part in the event in a responsible and ecologically friendly way!
Today is the day to choose your Ganesha idols!