Our relationship with our siblings is something that has a bit of everything in it. There's loads of fighting, pulling each other's legs, being mean to each other, and the one that surpasses all- it's the love for each other. The bond we have with our siblings is very unique. It deserves to be celebrated because it is special, indeed. And one such celebration is the Raksha Bandhan.
is an Indian festival and a particular occasion to celebrate the love between a brother and a sister. The terminology, if broken down, is "Raksha," which means ‘protection’ and "Bandhan," meaning ‘a bond’. It sums up to promising to protect your sibling from any harm. Usually, a sister ties a special decorative band called "rakhi" to her brother's wrist, and the promise to protect each other is made. However, celebrating the Raksha Bandhan is not just limited between brothers and sisters. Indians like to tie rakhi to everyone they share a special bond with and wish to be protective of that person. During the independence struggle, Rabindranath Tagore had inspired the idea of all fellow Indians tying rakhi to each other in order to make a promise to protect each other and instill a sense of unity.
Raksha Bandhan in 2022
Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on the 11th of August this year. Given the pandemic and everything being under lockdown, it won't be easy to go and buy rakhi in person for your loved ones. However, this doesn’t mean that you will not be able to celebrate Raksha Bandhan at all! You can always buy rakhi online.
Why should you buy rakhi online?
There are so many online websites that sell rakhi online. And the advantages of this are huge.
1. It’s the most hassle-free way of buying rakhi.
2. You get to choose from so many different variants and select the design that resonates with you.
3. Along with the above, you get the rakhi delivered at your doorstep. So, you will not have to go out at all. Doesn’t everybody want that given the situation right now?
4. Another great advantage of buying rakhi online is that you can have it sent to your loved ones and still celebrate the occasion even if you are miles apart in reality. Isn’t that amazing?
Where can you find rakhi online?
There are various online platforms where you can buy rakhi. Below listed are some of the most popular ones among many others. No specific priority/ quality order has been maintained in the list as such.
1. Rakhi.in- This is a highly useful website when it comes to buying rakhi. It has rakhi collections categorized under various categories like relationships, style, etc. It's one of the most popular websites that you can visit to buy rakhi online. They even deliver internationally, which is a huge advantage if your loved ones stay in different countries.
2. Ferns n Petals- This is another primary online gift shop that sells gifts and hampers along with flowers for all kinds of occasions. Their rakhi collections are amazing too, and you can get a variety of rakhi styles such as silver rakhi, Lumba rakhi, etc.
3. Archies- Archies is quite a well-known brand and in the era of the internet, they have their own online portal too. You may visit their online gift shop and go through their wide collection of some most beautiful rakhis designed.
4. WINNI- This is a gift website that has a huge customer base owing to its variation in gifts along with rakhi. They deliver cakes, chocolates, and loads of other attractive hampers that can be sent as gifts to your loved ones.
5. IGP.com- This online gift shop sells unique rakhi gift hampers that make your loved ones feel extra special. It adds a unique touch to all the gifts and there delivery services have also received great reviews over the years.
6. Rakhi Bazaar- This particular online rakhi website sells a huge collection of rakhis for you to choose from. They too ship their rakhis worldwide. Visit their website to check out the list of countries they deliver to.
7. Lastly, you can always buy rakhis and have them delivered from the most trusted e-commerce giants like Amazon, Flipkart, and Myntra, etc. Their delivery services are very trustworthy. Hence, you will find no issues whatsoever in celebrating Raksha Bandhan even during a global pandemic such as this.
What else should you know before you buy rakhi online?
Did you know that there isn’t only one type of rakhi? There are various different styles of rakhis. Thus before you go on to buy rakhi online, go through the below list to know the various types of rakhis that exist and how they actually are supposed to be.
1. Gold Rakhi- Nothing adds a more special feeling to the occasion of rakhi than gifting your loved ones, a gold rakhi. Gold symbolizes love, compassion, passion, wisdom, and courage. It is one of the best gifts to be given to someone who means a lot to you.
2. Silver Rakhi- This type of rakhi is a very popular and beautiful choice to be gifted to someone. A silver rakhi thread is actually made with sterling silver. Silver is considered very auspicious as well since it is considered to bring a lot of wealth, good luck, and happiness along with it.
3. Mauli Rakhi- A thread that is particularly considered to be very holy amongst the Hindus is known as Mauli. If you are looking for something very simple and elegant at the same time, a Mauli rakhi should be your choice. It is considered to be very sacred and it supposedly protects the bearer from all kinds f harm.
4. Rudraksha Rakhi- Rudraksha is an herbal element that is famous for its medicinal capabilities. Hence, a Rudraksha Rakhi would be a wonderful choice for your loved ones. It will help them grow spiritually.
5. Lumba Rakhi- This is a rakhi that comes in the form of bangles. Lumba rakhi is most suitable if you want to gift a rakhi to your sister-in-law. They are very elegant and beautiful to look at. Lumba rakhis make up for a gift that will enhance love and bonding.
6. Bhaiya Bhabi Rakhi- This kind of rakhi hamper is sold by various online sellers. It’s a beautiful pack of two rakhis to be gifted to your brother as well as your sister-in-law. This gift idea is very efficient and if considered, an excellent choice too.
7. Kids Rakhi- If your loved one, who you want to gift a rakhi to, is a kid, most websites have a different category for you too. This category comprises of rakhis that are appealing to kids and will definitely make them feel special.
8. Designer Rakhi- Websites also categorize rakhis into designer rakhis where each rakhi design is amazing and unique in its own way. Designer rakhis too are quite popular among the customers.
9. Personalized Rakhi- Last but not the least, personalized rakhis too are very popular given it allows you to add your own unique design that has some personal meaning to you and your loved ones. If made, this too is an excellent choice.
Thus, head on to buy rakhi online from the thousands of varieties and options available. No other way can be better than this in order to bring a smile on the face of your loved ones on Raksha Bandhan.