Though we live in a world full of modern technology and gadgets that make our lives easier and convenient, these technologies have captured a major part of our lifestyle, physical and mental health. So all we need is to sit back and relax for a while by keeping away ourselves from everyday stress and opt for meditation.
Just like the way we brush our teeth, wash our car, or clean our rooms to keep our minds and body fresh and positive, burning the Sage sticks at home is also one of the popular practices to welcome wellness in our lives. So, before you adopt this practice in your everyday schedule, have a look at some of the benefits of sage and how to smudge your home in a better way.
Step by step smudging process at your home
Protecting you against many mental and physical diseases, the regular smudging process or the burning of the Sage sticks is believed to perform a witnessable positive change in your lives. While there are many do's and don'ts to burn the Sage Sticks, here we brief you about its smudging process that you can perform at home.
Just before beginning the smudging, all you need to do is gather materials like a heat/fire resistant bowl/sage burner/tray, matchsticks or a lighter, and sand.
• It all begins with keeping the environment of your home ventilated. So, to let the smoke out of your house, keep the windows and the doors open before you start burning the sage.
• Further, light the Sage Sticks with the help of a matchstick or a lighter, hold it at a 40-degree angle for about 20-30 seconds, and let it burn.
• Then, gently blow the flame out and let it start smoking. To take a note; if the sticks do not emit smoke, light it again by following the above procedure.
• As the sage starts smoking, all you need to do is to set an intention or the purpose for which you are smudging the sticks. Doing so will make the smudging process much more effective and beneficial to you and your family members.
• Then handling it carefully, make the smoke of the sticks fill each room by moving it in a circular direction or just walking into the different rooms. Make it a point neither to fill any area of your house with extra smoke nor to inhale its smoke directly into your lungs as it may cause suffocation.
• Once done, press the Smudge Stick firmly into the vessel, sand, tray, or bowl that you have with you and extinguish the Sage stick. If you are using the same stick one more time, do not use water as it may ruin the tip, thereby making it harder to light the next time.
Benefits of burning Smudge Sticks
Highly practiced in the traditions of Chumash, Lakota, and other Native American areas, smudging turns out to be extremely beneficial. Believed to possess maximum medicinal properties, smudging Sage Sticks in the right way purifies the air with its antibacterial properties. Come on, let us learn about more benefits of using a Sage Stick in your daily life.
Reduce stress and calms your mind
Start and end your hectic and stressful day with a happy note by smudging. The negative ions released by smudging naturally cleanse the space thereby making you feel soothed and stress-free.
Repels insects and mosquitoes
To get rid of the pesky bugs, insects, and mosquitoes, one can smudge the Sage Sticks in the backyard or any corner of your house and stay safe from dangerous diseases like dengue, malaria, etc.