India is known for its festivals. Celebration is a way of life here, as there is a festival for every season and occasion. Fasting is a part of many of our festivals. Karwa Chauth is a Hindu festival celebrated primarily by married women in India, especially in north India. They pray for the family's well-being as well as their husband's long life. Although everyone recognises the value of fasting, no country has it more thoroughly ingrained in its tradition than India.
People of all cultures and faiths fast for two reasons: one, to make amends for their wrongdoings, and two, to show their devotion to the almighty. If you are keeping this fast for the first time, you are probably getting a lot of preparation information and suggestions because it's going to be a huge day. So, in order to avoid problems during the day, you should have some knowledge of health recommendations. For the daylong fast, you should follow the below advice to be healthy and fit.
1. Try to avoid sugar-rich foods before dawn. For a daily fix, eat only a spoonful of your favourite sweet treat. But in fact, sweeter foods can worsen hunger later. Eat foods with rich protein, like paneer.
2. It is recommended that individuals eat more dry fruits and nuts, such as almonds, dates, figs, pistachios, raisins, and walnuts. These fruits will be able to hold on to energy for the remainder of the day due to their high fat and protein content. These fruits are known to lower your cholesterol levels as well.
3. In the morning, eat a variety of fruits such as papaya, banana, berries, pomegranate, and apples, and drink enough water. Eating fruits has the benefit of keeping you energised all day.
4. Drinking 2 to 3 glasses of lukewarm water each day will keep your energy levels up and help prevent the sargi.
5. Skip items like chips, paranthas, and pakoras in the morning to avoid getting fat. Oily and fried foods are high in calories and can cause you to feel faint. You can select from rotis made of different types of grains, vegetables, paneer, etc.
6. Not only can drinking tea or coffee make you feel hungry and thirsty later, but they will also keep you from staying hydrated. Use fresh fruit juice, milk, or buttermilk instead of tea or coffee. Drinking a cup of green tea or fresh amla juice is a great way to begin your day, as both beverages contain antioxidants to help you stay refreshed and invigorated throughout the day.
7. To continue, you should eat low-heat and higher-protein foods that are rich in carbohydrates when you break your fast. Your body would be able to recharge its energy by using these.
8. You should consume 3 to 4 glasses of water, juice, or lemonade before you go to bed. By keeping your body hydrated, you will be able to avoid illness.
9. And, of course, it is also essential to avoid anything food-related or food-obsessed. Enjoy music, a day at the spa, and having time with loved ones. Push yourself to do minimal physical work and stay healthy.
Karwa Chauth 2023 Date and Day:
The Karva Chauth celebration, according to the Hindi Panchang, will be observed on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, on the fourth day of the Krishna Paksha in the month of Kartik. Sankranti Chaturthi is another name for this date, along with Karva Chauth.
Karva Chauth Vrat Puja-Auspicious Time
● Abhijeet Muhurat time (06:02 PM to 07:15 PM)
Karva Chauth Vrat Puja-Inauspicious Time
● Rahu Kaal, which will be on October 13 during the Karva Chauth Vrat, will last from 01:19 PM to 14:55 PM. Avoid doing any kind of auspicious work during this time. Unfortunately, the projects and other undertakings at this moment will not be successful.
Best wishes from MyPoojaBox to all the people celebrating their first Karva Chauth this year..!
If you are looking to buy designer Karwa Chauth thali & gifts take a look at https://www.mypoojabox.in/collections/karwa-chauth