One of the great things about the holiday season is that it's a time to share love and goodwill with others. One of the most favorite ways to make the holidays more memorable and cheerful is by creating homemade candles for Christmas home decor and gifts. We have some helpful tips for you on how to get started!
DIY Candle Making Materials:
Electric tea lights: These are inexpensive and can be easily found at My Pooja Box along with other decoration items. Opt for heat resistant ones so that your candle holder doesn't start melting. If you go with a flameless one, make sure it has an auto shut off function. Otherwise they could burn for several hours unattended.
2 tablespoon of any fragrance oil: The great thing about making your own scented candles is that you can choose whatever scent you want. Choose your favorite smell from our oils above or go wild and try something new!! You can also make multiple candles with different scents if you want.
2 Cups Soy Wax Flakes: You can easily find these at most craft stores. Make sure to get soy wax flakes and not solid soy wax, as the flakes are necessary for this project.
1 Wick: Be sure to get the right size wick for your candle holder/jar. it's too big, it will take up too much wax and it will be harder for the candle to burn.
Candle Making Instructions:
1) Cut up your soy wax flakes into very small pieces using a steak knife or scissors (if you want more of an artisanal look, skip this step). Place the flakes in a glass bowl. If you are using multiple scents make sure they are all separated!
2) Place about 1/4 of the votive holder on top of your tea light. This keeps the melting point low so that when you add your hot liquid wax it won't start dripping everywhere (and save yourself some clean up time!).
Place one wick in your votive holder or jar . It needs to be centered so that it will balance when the candle is lit.
3) In a small pot on low heat, melt your wax flakes. We recommend using a double boiler set up to avoid any messes, but if you don't have one just make sure the pot is on low heat.
4) Once the wax has melted, add your desired fragrance oil and stir well.
5) Carefully pour the hot wax mixture into your votive holder or jar, filling it up about 3/4 of the way full. If you're using a glass votive holder, be very careful not to touch the hot wax with your hands!
6) Allow it to cool completely before lighting it. This will take a few hours depending on the amount of wax you used. Make sure that your tea light is put out before touching it or moving it!
It's better to err on the side of less wax rather than more, as this will result in a shorter burn time. If you want a longer candle, add additional wicks accordingly or up the soy wax flakes! You can also add glitter at this step if you want to be festive :) Happy candle making!!
Tealight candle holders from My Pooja Box:
If you don't have enough time to prepare the holder, you can always buy different tealight candle holders from My Pooja Box. Round Shaped Candle Holder, Blue Crackled Matki Candle Holder, and Aesthetic Glass Stand with 3 T-Light Holders are some of our best selling products.
All these tealight candle holders are a lovely decorative piece for any room. Made of brass or metal, these decor highlighters have been beautifully sculpted and intricately detailed to elevate the beauty of the space. Plus, they are available in traditional colors that bring warmth and add some color to any space while being so easy on the eyes. Above all, the quality speaks for itself, not just aesthetically but also functionally because they are made of highly durable materials. Merry Christmas..!